Digital Radiotherapy Simulator
NOTE: Facility for online Application for transfer of technology would be available soon...
Radiotherapy Simulator is useful for localization of tumor and radiotherapy plan verification prior to delivering radiation therapy to the cancer patients. It is an essential tool for precise delivery of the radiotherapy treatment. BARC has developed the technology for indigenous Digital Radiotherapy Simulator.
- Experience in manufacturing Medical Equipments,
- Experience in radiotherapy equipment manufacturing,
- Exposure to Radiotherapy Equipment Markets,
- Effective Service Network for Medical Equipments,
- Strong Design and Development capabilities in multi-disciplinary areas viz. mechanical design, electronics, control, software etc.,
- Experience in Quality Assurance Requirements, Testing, Certification and Regulatory Framework, and
- Sound financial background
need only apply.
Radiotherapy Simulator is useful to diagnose the physical extent of the tumor and its relation to the surrounding tissues for proper selection of the size and orientation of the radiotherapy beams. It is also useful to verify a treatment plan. Radiotherapy simulator is an essential tool for improving the quality of radiotherapy for the treatment of cancer patients. BARC has developed the technology for indigenous Digital Radiotherapy Simulator
- Focus to Axis Distance (FAD): Variable, 800-1200mm
- Max field size: 450mm x 450mm
- Small focal spot
- Tri-field Image Intensifier with 290mm (max) entrance field size
- Radiotherapy simulator is geometrically similar to isocentric external beam therapy machines to reproduce field arrangements for different teletherapy machines.
- It is a computer-controlled system with motorized motions. Digital imaging facilitates filmless and fast operation.
Radiation therapy is one of the established modes of cancer treatment. Radiotherapy Simulator helps to diagnose the physical extent of the tumor and its relation to the surrounding tissues for proper selection of the size and orientation of the radiotherapy beams. It is also useful to verify a treatment plan. Radiotherapy simulator is an essential tool for improving the quality of radiotherapy for the treatment of cancer patients.
Major sub-systems in the radiotherapy simulator are gantry, collimator, x-ray tube, imaging unit, patient support/positioning system (couch), and remote control console. It is similar to a external beam radiotherapy machine except that diagnostic x-ray is used as source of radiation. The variable focus to axis distance makes it suitable for therapy simulation for a number of teletherapy machines. The collimated x-ray beam passes through the patient (lying on the couch) from one side and the attenuated beam is converted to digital image by an image intensifier coupled with CCD camera system located on the other side. The image intensifier support arm has motorized motions for remote and interactive positioning of the image intensifier at the region of interest. All the motions of the gantry, collimator, and the image intensifier support arm can be controlled through these keypads (on the couch) as well as from the remote control console.
The captured image can be processed / analyzed almost instantly to extract detail information about the tumor location, its volume, and closeness to critical structures. These images will be transferred into the treatment planning computer system for formulating actual radiation dose delivery plan. Immobilization device may be fabricated during this procedure.
- In the conventional form, a radiotherapy simulator is geometrically similar to isocentric external beam therapy machines to reproduce field arrangements for different teletherapy machines.
- All the motions in the main unit and the treatment table are motorized. This ensures faster patient positioning, and no unnecessary burden on the operator.
- It is a computer-controlled system. All motions of the main unit and the patient couch are monitored continuously. A database for the patient and simulation is maintained.
- Digital technology for fast and filmless operation. DICOM compatibility facilitates transfer of simulation plans to other equipments in the network.
- Advanced tools for image processing, annotations, contouring, displaying etc. to assist accurate planning.
- Dedicated collision avoidance system to reduce the risk of patient injury.
- User-friendly user-interface and operations- The operator interacts with the system using the mouse and keyboard located at the control console.
- Enhanced Security: In addition to physical key, selective access to operation, machine parameters, and patient/treatment data through password protection.
|Focus to axis distance (FAD)||800-1200 mm|
|Isocenter height||1280 mm|
|Gantry (C-Arm) rotation||Motorized, isocentric design,185 deg.|
|Collimator rotation||Motorized, 100 deg.|
|Field Size (shielding jaws)||450 mm x 450 mm (at FAD 1000mm)|
|Field Size (delineating wires)||400 mm x 400 mm (at FAD 1000mm)|
|Patient positioning table||Motorized- four motions|
|X-Ray Generator||Power: 65KW|
|KVp: 40-125(fluoro); 40-150(radiography)|
|mA: 0.2-12.5(fluoro), 10-1000 (radiography)|
|X-Ray Tube||Focal spot: 0.4 & 0.8; Target angle: 15deg|
|Image Intensifier||Tri-field, 290mm dia.(max.)|
|Supply voltage||Three phase, 400V AC|
|Compliance to Intl. Standards||IEC601-1, IEC60601-2-29, MDD 93/42/EEC|
|Regulatory approval||Atomic Energy Regulatory Board, INDIA|
The job involves high precision fabrication, assembly, extensive QA testing as per national and international requirements.
Manufacturing processes involved:
- Machining viz. Turning, Milling, Drilling, Grinding, Tapping etc.
- Gear Manufacture: Gear Generation, Grinding
- Electrical: Wiring, Soldering, etc.
- Inspection of parts and sub-assemblies.
- Lead handling/ melting/ pouring etc.
Machine Tools/ Equipments needed for Manufacture:
- Lathe, milling machine, drilling machine
- Precision tool room machines: lathe, milling machine
- Inspection: height gauge, profile projector
- Universal grinding machine
- Crane: 2 T Capacity
- Workshop of size 12m x 8m x 6m height for manufacturing and fabrication of components
- Dust free room of size 10m x 8m x 6m height for precision assembly
- X-ray shielded room of size 10m x 6m x 4m.
- Regular office space approx 100sq.m.
- Three phase power supply
Manpower consisting of 5 engineers (2-mechanical, 1- electrical, 1-electronics, 1-computer) and 10 technicians for fabrication, assembly and testing of the components, sub-assemblies, the complete unit and its performance are required. Additionally, medical physicist/radiation safety officer are required for ensuring conformity to clinical requirement and radiation safety to the working personnel respectively. Experience in Quality Assurance Requirements, Testing, Certification and Regulatory Framework for this type of Medical Electrical Equipments is essential
NOTE:Facility for online Application for transfer of technology would be available soon...
|SR NO.||COUNTRY NAME||PATENT NUMBER|
|No Data Found.|
|SR NO.||NAME||STANDARD NUMBER||LOGO|
|No Data Found.|
General License Fee : ₹ 2,000,000.00 (Twenty Lakh)
General Royalty : 0%