H2S Sensor with Monitor
NOTE: Facility for online Application for transfer of technology would be available soon...
1 H2S Sensor
A highly sensitive and selective H2S sensor with monitor (Model: TPD-BARC 1050) suitable for detection in 10-50 parts-per-million (ppm) range is developed. The sensor exhibits a response (Rair/Rgas) of ~ 500 (@ 50 ppm of H2S) and is selective to H2S with a meagre response (i.e. < 10) towards other interfering gases like NO, C2H5OH, CO, CO2, Cl2, SO2, H2 and NH3. The sensor is coupled to a digital monitor that directly displays the H2S concentration in ppm. The monitor has provisions for programmable alarm set points.
1 H2S Sensor
H2S is widely used either as a process gas or it is a byproduct in laboratories and different industries e.g. heavy water plants, oil and gas industries, pulp and paper industries, sewage treatment plants and chemical industries. H2S is highly toxic and flammable gas and its exposure in high doses can affect the human?s nervous system. H2S has long-term (8 h) and short-term (10 minutes) exposure limits of respectively, 10 and 15 ppm, which demand continuous monitoring of H2S in laboratories and industries. For this purpose, BARC has developed a H2S Sensor with Monitor (Model: TPD-BARC 1050), which can monitor the gas in 10-50 ppm range.
The H2S Sensor with Monitor (Model: TPD-BARC 1050) is a chemiresistive type and works on the principle of change in electrical resistance upon a chemical interaction with H2S. This change is calibrated and displayed directly on a digital monitor as H2S concentration in ppm.
- Two preset "ALARM" at 10 and 50 ppm of H2S.
- Facility for historical logs i.e. installation date, calibration date, fault detail etc.
1 H2S Sensor
H2S Sensor with Monitor (Model: TPD-BARC 1050)
H2S is one of the highly toxic and flammable gases, which is widely used in various industrial applications. Its long-term (8 h) and short-term (10 minutes) exposure limits are respectively, 10 and 15 ppm. The H2S Sensor with Monitor (Model: TPD-BARC 1050) detects H2S using a chemiresistive element, which is highly sensitive, selective to H2S, and stable for more than 2 years. It comprises of a "Sensor Head" and a "Digital Monitor".
- Sensor Head : The sensor head consists of a sensing element, heater and temperature controller circuit encased in stainless steel housing. The active element is SnO2:CuO thin film mounted on a heater. The best response for H2Sgas is obtained in the temperature range of 170 -190°C.
- Digital Monitor : It consists of a Data Acquisition & Control Board, and touch screen based Human-machine interface (HMI) module. The sensor output i.e. the change in resistance as a function of concentration, is provided to the monitor capable of displaying the gas concentration in ppm. The monitor has provision for programmable alarm set points, touch switch to change between Normal and Calibration Mode and store Historical Logs (installation date, calibration date, fault detail etc). Default alarms have been set at 10 and 50 ppm.
The sensor works on the principle of change in electrical resistance upon a chemical interaction with H2S. This change is calibrated and displayed directly on a digital monitor as H2S concentration in ppm.
The sensor element is a SnO2: CuO thin film, in which the p-type CuO and n-type SnO2 form random p-n junctions, leading to a very high resistance in air (of the order of M?). On H2S exposure, CuO converts to metallic CuS which results in a drastic decrease in electrical resistance. In the presence of air, CuS gets converted back to CuO and the original state is restored. As both the chemical reactions are unique to H2S, therefore these sensors exhibit negligible response towards other gases.
|: 10 - 50 ppm|
|: 170 -190°C.|
|: 3 - 5 min.|
|: < 15 min.|
|: > 500|
|: ~ 2 years|
- Heavy water plants
- Sewage treatment plants
- Oil and gas industries
- Pulp and paper making industries
- Chemical industries
- Chemistry laboratories
REQUIREMENTS FOR SENSOR FABRICATION
A. Sensor head
- Cutting machine for Alumina substrates
- Ultrasonicator for cleaning substrate and source materials
- Thermal evaporation system for SnO2:CuO thin film deposition
- Furnace for annealing
- Temperature control circuit with teflon head
- Stainless steel housing
- Work bench for assembly
B. Digital monitor
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) unit for display
- Printed circuit board and components
- Enclosure, connector cable and 24 V power supply
C. Sensor calibration
- Calibration chamber
- Gas canisters and syringes
- A room of 5?6 m2 floor area is needed to accommodate above mentioned facilities
- 1 person with bachelor degree in Physics/Chemistry
- 1 person with diploma in Electrical/Electronics
NOTE:Facility for online Application for transfer of technology would be available soon...
|SR NO.||COUNTRY NAME||PATENT NUMBER|
|No Data Found.|
|SR NO.||NAME||STANDARD NUMBER||LOGO|
|No Data Found.|
General License Fee : ₹ 212,000.00 (Two Lakh Twelve Thousand)
General Royalty : 0%