Cobalt-60 Teletherapy Machine
Presently, imported Cobalt-60 Teletherapy Machines are used for the treatment of localized cancers. The number of teletherapy facilities in the country is highly inadequate. The indigenous Cobalt-60 Teletherapy Machine developed by BARC has a capacity of 200 RMM source and its source to iso-centre distance is 80 cm. The system has unique user-friendly features and fully closable collimator for improved radiation safety.
Teletherapy machines are used for treating localized solid tumors, such as cancers of the skin, tongue, larynx, brain, breast, or uterine cervix. About half of the cancers incidents can be treated with Cobalt-60 Teletherapy Machine.
Highlights of the machine
- Fully closable collimator for improved radiation safety is a unique feature of the machine.
- Automatic source withdrawal during emergency.
- Lower penumbra for better beam quality.
- All operations are completely computer controlled to facilitate easy operation, complete control over all operating parameters and improved radiation safety.
- Patient details and treatment details displayed on screen for close monitoring during treatment.
- On-screen status of AC power, battery, door, wedge, key and air supply.
- Position of radiation source displayed: safe/ transit/ treatment.
- Display of scheduled treatment time, time completed and time remaining.
- Treatment can be interrupted and resumed.
Teletherapy machines are used for treating localized solid tumors, such as cancers of the skin, tongue, larynx, brain, breast, or uterine cervix. About half of the cancers incidents can be treated with Cobalt-60 Teletherapy Machine. In a teletherapy machine, the radiation source is kept outside the body and the beam is directed on the cancer site. The major components of the machine are Cobalt-60 Source, Source Head, Source Drawer, Collimator, Gantry, Base Housing, Controller and Control Console. The unit also has a Couch on which the patient is positioned during treatment. Its indexed Patient Positioning System enables quick, accurate and reproducible patient positioning.
|Source head||Up to 200 RMM|
|Source to isocentre distance||80 cm|
|Floor to isocentre distance||115 cm|
|Collimator||Field size min: 0 x 0 cm at 80 cm|
Field size max: 35 x 35 cm at 80 cm
Rotation: 90 degrees from its central axis
Field size indicator: digital display
Field size adjustment: motorized
|Source to Skin Distance Indicator||Optically projected over the field under treatment (60-100 cm)|
|Patient Support Assembly Motions||Vertical: 70 cm to 170 cm from floor|
Longitudinal: 70 cm
Lateral: 620 cm
Couch rotation: +/- 95 degrees
|Control console||Machine health status of AC power, Battery, Door, Wedge, Key and Air|
Displays exposed time and set time
Source position indicator
Emergency stop switch
Patient and treatment database
Treatment data interlock
Gantry, Collimator and Couch motions
|Hand control||Gantry, Collimator and Couch positions|
Room lights, Laser Lights
Emergency Stop switch
|Automatic collimator closure||Will close the Collimator jaws to Zero Field size in case of source movement irregularities|
|Technology Standards||IEC 60601-2-11|
The machine has superior features in terms of safety, controls and user interface compared to imported machines of similar capacity.
Fully closable collimator, for improved radiation safety, is a unique feature of the machine. In case of any emergency, the collimator gets closed automatically ensuring safety. An internal battery supports this movement. The machine can withdraw the source automatically during emergency. It has lower penumbra for better beam quality. All of its operations are computer controlled to facilitate easy operation, complete control over all operating parameters and improved radiation safety. Patient details and treatment details are displayed on screen for close monitoring during treatment. There is on-screen status of AC power, battery, door, wedge, key and air supply. Position of radiation source such as safe, transit or treatment is also displayed. The console also displays scheduled treatment time, time completed and time remaining. It is possible to interrupt and resume treatment.
The machine can be used for treating localized solid tumors, such as cancers of the skin, tongue, larynx, brain, breast, or uterine cervix.
- Working space of about 20,000 square feet
- A crane of 10 Ton capacity
- Machine shop with facility for precision machining, gear hobbling, welding, etc.
- Electronic assembly shop with PCB fabrication ,testing and programming facilities
- Lead melting and pouring facilities
- Documentation and maintenance facilities
Skilled manpower is required in the following activities:
- Fabrication and testing of mechanical components and assemblies
- Manufacture and testing of control cards based on microcontrollers and embedded systems
- Coding and testing programs based on VC++ and database management
- Field support personnel for installation, services and maintenance of the machine
- Trained person for handling radioactive materials.
|SR NO.||COUNTRY NAME||PATENT NUMBER|
|No Data Found.|
|SR NO.||NAME||STANDARD NUMBER||LOGO|
|No Data Found.|
General License Fee : ₹ 1,000,000.00 (Ten Lakh)
General Royalty : 0%